Catering Chef/Prep Cook
Seeking Full-Time & Part-Time Prep Cooks
Do you love to work with people? Do you enjoy a dynamic, fast-paced, and team based work environment? Arthur’s Catering and Creative Events has been serving the Central Florida area since 1989. We live to be culinary trendsetters and the Life of the Party!
We are currently seeking full or part-time cooks with good knife skills that take pride in their work. Our ideal candidate is someone who enjoys a challenge and enthusiastically working with a team to overcome it. Cooking and prepping experience is required but a great attitude goes a long way!
- 3 years of combined prep, banquet, catering, or hotel culinary experience
- Professional appearance and a positive attitude
- Reading and following recipes of varying complexity
- Must be able to work nights and weekends
- Must be able to lift 30lbs, stand, bend, and stoop repeatedly
- A love for food
We offer all of our team members a creative work environment with the opportunity to advance their careers and learn the catering industry through exposure to innovative, exciting, creative menus, recipes and individuals.
We offer 401K, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Vacations depending on position.
We are currently offering our culinary applicants a $100 sign on bonus after 90 days of employment!
Apply Monday through Friday 9am-4pm or send resume with cover letter. No phone calls please!
Job Type: Full-time
- Cooking: 3 years (Preferred)
- catering/restaurant: 3 years (Preferred)
- food handler certificate (Preferred)
- On the road
- One location
- Multiple locations
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Signing bonus
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Prepare all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner
- Follow recipes and presentation specifications
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safety and efficiently
- Clean and maintain station in practicing good safety and sanitation
- Assist with the cleaning and organization of kitchen and equipment
- Restock items as needed throughout the shift
- Adhere to all sanitation and food production codes
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Flat top
- Deep fryer